Being on a keto diet is not easy, especially if you are new to the keto life! I remember the challenges I had to face when I started the keto diet. It was all rainbows and butterflies till one day I just couldn’t get the thought of crispy fries out of my mind.
So, what do you do about the cravings? How do you not give in to them?
I mean, it’s not even mealtime yet, and you are already craving something you shouldn’t even think of on the keto diet. Don’t worry; you didn’t do anything wrong, it’s normal! There are multiple reasons you are experiencing this. It could be because you became hungry between your meals, or perhaps you just miss your favourite snacks that you have not tasted for so long.
You do not have to drop your keto lifestyle to fulfill your cravings. We have you covered with the best keto recipes ever. Say ‘goodbye’ to all unhealthy snacking!
Here are a few keto-licious recipes to keep you away from carbs, all the while making you satisfied.
1. Halloumi Fries with Avocado Dip
It’s natural to feel intense and uncontrollable cravings for your favourite snacks like french fries. *guilty* The crunch, the flavour, and the texture, everything is simply to die for! But forget everything about french fries now, because we are introducing one of the best keto recipes for a crunchier and crispier version of the traditional carb-rich french fries. Presenting you the salty halloumi fries with avocado dips! These fries will bring back all the fun of snacking while limiting the carb intake
- Halloumi cheese (6 oz.)
- Avocado (1)
- Sour cream (½ cup )
- Pressed garlic clove (1)
- Hot sauce or tabasco (1 tsp)
- Lemon juice (1 tsp)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (1 tbsp)
- Salt & ground black pepper
- Cut the halloumi lengthwise in the form of sticks/fries.
- Heat the oil to 350°F in the frying pan.
- Put the sticks in the pan and fry them for a few minutes until they become golden brown.
- Peel the avocado and remove its pit
- Mash the peeled avocado with the help of a fork.
- Mix avocado with sour cream. Next, put in and all other ingredients. Also, add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Set the prepared avocados aside until serving time.
Dip the crispy halloumi fries in your fresh avocado dip and enjoy your snack with this easy to make and best keto recipes ever!
2. Keto Egg Muffins
Egg muffins can be the most convenient breakfast that you can make while on your keto diet. Eggs can be your go-to snacks, as they are high in proteins and fats and low in carbohydrates. So, squeeze in a healthy bite of keto egg muffins without having any second thought and fulfill your snack cravings with our best keto recipes.
- Chopped scallion (1)
- Chopped air-dried chorizo/ salami/ cooked bacon (2½ oz)
- Eggs (6)
- Red pesto/ green pesto (1 tbsp)
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded cheese (3 oz)
This recipe is one of the best keto recipes, sufficient for three servings. You can make modifications as needed.
- Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 350°F (175°C).
- Grease muffin tin with butter or line the tin with multiple non-stick baking cups.
- Now, add chorizo and scallions to this muffin tin.
- Add pesto, salt, and pepper in the eggs and whisk them well.
- Add cheese and stir the above-prepared egg mixture.
- Now, pour the ready batter on top of chorizo and scallions.
- Bake them for 15-20 minutes to get them ready to be served.
So, what are you waiting for? Try out our best keto recipes snacks and kill your cravings.
3. Chocolate-Peanut Butter Keto Cups
The struggle to avoid cravings is real for those with a sweet tooth, especially if you love chocolates. But what if you get to eat even tastier chocolate delicacy, which not only fulfills your craving but also keeps extra carbs away from you. Yes, let us introduce you to these super delicious chocolate peanut butter keto cups. The peanut crunch within these chocolate filled cups makes them one of the best keto recipes ever.
- Coconut oil (1 cup)
- Natural peanut butter (1/2 cup)
- Liquid stevia (1 tsp)
- Cocoa powder (1tbsp)
- Heavy cream (2tbsp)
- Vanilla extract (¼ tsp)
- Roasted salted peanuts (1 ounce)
- Kosher salt (¼ tsp)
- Melt 1 cup coconut oil for 3 to 5 minutes over low heat.
- Stir peanut butter in it until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Now, follow with adding heavy cream, liquid stevia, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt in it and whisk the batter.
- Sprinkle peanuts on top of this batter.
- Put this prepared batter into muffin moulds.
- Place the batter filled moulds on a baking sheet.
- Freeze this mixture for 1 hour. Unmold the chocolate-peanut cups, and they are ready to serve.
4. Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
If you’ve got a craving for spicy food, we have something for you. You can make our best keto recipes of bell peppers. These tasty snacks will get ready within a few minutes. This version of stuffed mini bell peppers are loaded with cream cheese and are low in carbs. So, don’t wait and try this amazing recipe.
- Bell peppers (4)
- Olive oil (1tbsp)
- Cream cheese (4 oz)
- Thinly sliced chorizo (½)
- Mild chipotle paste (¼ tbsp)
- Fresh thyme/ cilantro (½ tbsp)
- Remove the core of bell peppers and split them into two portions lengthwise.
- Chop the herbs and sausage finely.
- Add cheese, spices, and oil in a separate bowl and mix all ingredients.
- Now, add the chopped herbs and sausage in this bowl with all ingredients.
- Spread cheese cream on the bell peppers and enjoy them as a snack.
Although cravings may feel worse on a diet when you are restricted from eating whatever you want. But there are options of snacks available with low carbs that you can avail of to keep your cravings satisfied. You can always go for the alternatives as mentioned above, but make sure whatever you consume, it should not add much to your total caloric intake. The more you know, the less you suffer! So, enjoy snacking with our best keto recipes ever!
- Diet Doctor, (October 24, 2019), Halloumi Fries with Avocado Dip
- Diet Doctor, (October 24, 2019), Keto Egg Muffins
- All recipes, (n.d), Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto cups
- Diet Doctor, (October 24, 2019), Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers